Home arrow News Archive arrow No need for a Flash Cleaner
No need for a Flash Cleaner
Written by Fanjita    Wednesday, 07 February 2007

No need for flash cleanerAfter some exhaustive testing, we've now come to the conclusion that there is no unnecessary wastage of flash space during the 3.03 downgrader process.

This means that our belief that there would be a need for a "flash cleaning" application was wrong - you should be able to upgrade and downgrade your PSP at will, with no serious problems except for the ever-present small risk from any downgrader.

Our original theory was based upon the fact that Fanjita's Undiluted Platinum test PSP showed signs of having run out of space on the flash, after several cycles of upgrade and downgrade.

The symptom, for reference, was an error code of "8001001C when starting ipl_update.prx" - which means "no space left on device" - when trying to run the 3.03 downgrader.

But after an extensive test of 10 upgrade/downgrade cycles between v3.03 and v1.50 without any problems, we believe we can now put the problem down to issues with the interaction between the Undiluted Platinum flasher program, and v3.00+ firmwares, which has previously caused flash problems with other people's UP PSPs.

So ... no worries!

Comments (27)add comment

karivika said:

Oh... Thank you. No more worries on downgrading/updating.
Awesome smilies/wink.gif smilies/cheesy.gif smilies/grin.gif
February 07, 2007

pspman028 said:

right..........
February 07, 2007

mypsp_loveyou said:

You are the man... smilies/grin.gif

Thanks for all noobz...

Love the Scene
Never look it back...
Go on, and on...
February 07, 2007

DDJ said:

Any ideas when you will not need GTA LCS to downgrade, as of now?
February 07, 2007

warranty voider said:

thats nice to hear since i will buy a new psp, (10 updates/downgrade times thats super safe that makes it sound like a generic downgrader
hey Fanjita & Ditlew any suggestion i wanna learn how to code first on comp and
the on the psp any good n00b books smilies/wink.gif
can you post something on the comments or at the main page w00t be appreciate
February 07, 2007

Lemon said:

Thanks Noobz for this good news/info. This is the answer I'm looking for in my post regarding the downdater. So, it is safe to upgrade again to 3.03 and redo the downdate for familiarization purposes - practice makes perfect... Hehe...

Great work guys and keep it coming!
February 07, 2007

Fanjita said:

February 08, 2007

Brink said:

if only you didnt need GTA it would be better but hey this is great
February 08, 2007

no gta :( said:

hello guys, are you developping a downgrader which doesn't need gta to downgrade? because i don't have gta and none of my friends smilies/sad.gif
February 08, 2007

ryuhosuke said:

yay! now we can give the green light to 3.03 downgrader
February 08, 2007

HenryMax said:

Thanks, I was really scared! smilies/grin.gif
February 08, 2007

brownienz said:

wicked love diss stuff you guys are the shinnzzle!! my brizzles smilies/kiss.gif and at lil off topic but i sent a psp that bricked away to get fixed at a place in auckland new zealand and on the note they sent back with it it said "Soke test for 4 hours and updated firmware to 2.71 " when i got it back it was exactly the same psp and it had not been opened or any thing ??? so how did they update the firmware when it was bricked ?????? MUST B USB or sumthing mite just be a stupid comment but mayb ????? It would be GREAT lol any ways AWESOME WORK AND KEEP IT UP smilies/grin.gif
February 08, 2007

White_Hawk_UK said:

That's good news - I have a friend who is terrified of the process, so now I can demonstrate how (relatively) safe it is by reversing the process a couple of times on a demo PSP. Homebrew capable PSPs; time to multiply!
February 09, 2007

JimmyD said:

Dang, pretty good deal (as of writing this) on LCS if anyone needs it for the downgrader

February 09, 2007

Sakke said:

when 3.03 downgrader which don't need unpached Gta comes??
February 09, 2007

xHerr4 said:

Loll! I almost made a heart attack when I have downgrade my PSP! I looked at my PSP while saying to me ???I am an imbecile if it BRICK!!???
But I realize that I was str??ss?? for any reason!
Thanks noobz!
February 09, 2007

ScRaT said:

I just downgraded my PSP to 1.50, but when I upgraded on 3.03 after that, I couldn't downgrade again!

So if there is no Flash Cleaner needed, HOW CAN I DOWNGRADE AGAIN ???

I hope anyone can help, me, I'm going mad...
However, RESPECT TOO NOOBZ!!! Absolute great work!
February 10, 2007

great said:

great i just brought the unpatched version in my town, there only 1 place with 1 game that is patched which was more money lol, and i like the game as well which is a plus, but i hope you can find a way to get rid of those pesky files that are left over from 3.03 when u downgrade then i might even downgrade, thanks.
February 10, 2007

smashsquad911 said:

izz der a sight dat u dont need a gta lcs to downgrade
February 11, 2007

smashsquad911 said:

without my help u would not of got a mario game for da psp
February 11, 2007

smashsquad911 said:

iz daer a halo for da psp
February 11, 2007

Fanjita said:

iz der a skool fr ppl dat r ncomprehenzibl? Seriously, is there something difficult about the english language?
February 11, 2007

ScRaT said:

I guess he's from the netherlands...
February 11, 2007

Sam123 said:

i guess hes just a big so and so
February 24, 2007

PinkBootz said:

As a responce to those asking about downgrading from 3.03 to 1.50 and back to 3.03 and then back down to 1.50. I personally attempted this on a friends PSP and had no problems. The reasons for this was, getting a "game could not be started" error so I thought we may have missed a step (no brick thank god). Thanks again Noobz team! You guys are great!
March 05, 2007

dolofonos said:

hey guys if someone know how to downgrade the psp from 3.95 plz....... pm me at This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it ty very match......
April 20, 2008

toppert said:

So far I've managed to download only Joomla 1.0 -http://rapid4me.com/?q=Joomla 1.0 - and am waiting for updates.
May 18, 2009

Write comment
bold
italicize
underline
strike
url
image

security image
Write the displayed characters

busy

< Prev   Next >
If you have found this site or software useful, please consider donating a small amount of money using the button below.

Lost Password?
© 2019 N00bz!
This web page is licenced for your personal, private, non-commercial use only.
RIPA NOTICE: NO CONSENT IS GIVEN FOR INTERCEPTION OF PAGE TRANSMISSION
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License.