Home arrow News Archive arrow Noobz and Dark AleX mentioned on the BBC
Noobz and Dark AleX mentioned on the BBC
Written by Fanjita    Monday, 26 February 2007

ImageThe BBC technology website just ran a story, aiming to explain the homebrew battle to a more mainstream audience.

You can see a discussion of the issues, plus quotes from Fanjita and Dark AleX, in the article here .

UPDATE The BBC World Service will be doing a live phone interview with Fanjita, tomorrow morning at 07:50 GMT.  If you miss it you should be able to grab a download of the recording via the 'Listen Again ' service on the BBC website (fast forward to about 1:50:00 to hear the interview, it's about 5 mins long).  It's only likely to be available for 24 hours.  (Oh, and please excuse the voice - I'm recovering from the 'flu Wink)
Comments (39)add comment

GigaByte said:

Wow. This is great. Finally, even the BBC are recognising what a great effort you guys make!
February 26, 2007

vanflyheight13 said:

And henceforth, n00bz becomes famous to non-psp owners!

On a more interesting note, I didn't know you lived here in the UK. smilies/tongue.gif

Congratulation!
February 26, 2007

yomamma said:

I hope Fanjita won't get in trouble for having his name revealed.
February 26, 2007

karivika said:

W00T Fanjita, you are famous now smilies/shocked.gif Congratiulations man smilies/wink.gif
February 26, 2007

Jak said:

U totally improved my psp. cheers smilies/grin.gif
February 26, 2007

Bungie Jumper said:

Hi Fanjita, wow your name is up in lights now smilies/smiley.gif Thank you so much for all you have done for the PSP (I just love PSPradio) and showing Sony what a great oppotunity they have missed in locking out homebrew.

Mind you, now they know your name I would be careful of going down dark streets for a while. Look out for the guys wearing "shades" at night smilies/wink.gif

Regards, Bungie Jumper. (UK too)
February 26, 2007

Vergil productions said:

Man i know Im in the wrong section but can they plz hurry up and release 3.10 downgrader
February 26, 2007

Jordan said:

Nice Fanjita smilies/wink.gif
February 26, 2007

cliffy said:

I wonder if the BBC know what fanjita means smilies/grin.gif
February 26, 2007

poohter said:

you are definitely teh winrar! smilies/cheesy.gif smilies/cheesy.gif smilies/cheesy.gif
February 26, 2007

MikeBeaver said:

Good work Team Noobz, hope you keep beavering away as hard as you have done before.
Its good to see the mainstream press are interested in what is happening in the PSP homebrew scene.
Thanks for all your hard work and efforts, MikeBeaver.
February 26, 2007

hackman said:

um...Fanjita was ALWAYS famous, karivika

wwsean08 said:

go Fanjita and all the rest of Noobz and of course Dark_Alex, and Team C D for beaing mentioned.

Can't wait to hear the interview.

Nevada said:

cyanide said:

great interview. 2 thumbs up! smilies/grin.gif

DaveC said:

Just read the news story on the BBC!! I had to double take for a mo..... My name is also David Court, and I also train in Martial Arts....Im into PSP too (just play them, not hack them), but how weird is that!!!!

Cliff said:

excellent interview mate. Where are you originally from? You dont sound like jock. smilies/grin.gif

karivika said:

great interview smilies/smiley.gif
I realy like your statements smilies/wink.gif
Good luck smilies/wink.gif
**runs of to play GTA: VCS**

Bah said:

Nice work mate, you did a great job detailing the great things the homebrew scene has accomplished despite the interviewers overly negative focus/line of questioning.

I personally thank you for the eloaders that gave me my first taste of homebrew on my PSP until it was downgradable, and have several friends who also owe you a debt of gratitude due to the 3.03 Downgrader.

tuddy said:

I read this story on the big Beeb earlier. Nice to see us(the homebrew community) getting some GOOD press, and even nicer to see Sony spokespeople who are not bothered about using your hacks for homebrew!

Guardian said:

Nice one! i missed it but i got the download smilies/grin.gif
I cant believe u also live in Edinburgh! i would ask where about u stay but i think thats asking to much :p
anyway thanks for everything u have done!

757 Pro Pilot said:

Nice One ! great interview , I unlocked my psp as the bbc put it and it has helped me as myself and another friend have been working on a flightsimulator 2004/FSX linked FMC for the psp to save having to open other panels ! and that's a legit reason and sony can't say i am breaking the Law by running it.

Thames said:

Nice interview, and good luck from Germany

Cloudhunter said:

Hi, I wrote a transcript of the article. You may find it here smilies/smiley.gif http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=366472#post366472

White_Hawk_UK said:

Well, well - if this isn't indicative of the impact your combined efforts are having, then nothing short of Sony putting a price on your heads will do! My continuing support and admiration should be taken as given. Go Noobz!! smilies/grin.gif

Furso said:

Gud on ya m8's, u deserve everything u get for the work u's put into this

Congrats

smilies/grin.gif
February 28, 2007

sundown said:

good show on the advance,keep hacking those machines
smilies/wink.gif
March 01, 2007

Danny said:

You could have said something about the irda thing on the psp that is unused with official software and only has meaning with some homebrew!
Its kinda a shame I'm using 3.10 firmware! lol Well good luck unlocking that! smilies/grin.gif
March 01, 2007

psp kid said:

i think homebrew grate but im stuck with a psp 3.11. i managed to downgrade my mates psp using remote assistance on msn so i didnt aserly touch the psp which is cool smilies/smiley.gif. are you going to make a 3.10/3.11 downgrader
March 03, 2007

slbdevil said:

why would he get into problems if nothing he??s doing is illegal? piracy is totally different from homebrew and customizing the console. AMAZING JOB YOU ALL DONE ON THE HOMEBREW SCENE! YOU R-O-C-K!
@psp kid: i think now they??re working on it, they might find an exploit... who knows! so many things that one, two months ago werent possible to do on a PSP...
March 09, 2007

He said:

I hope they will make an 3.11 downgrader.. i was so stupid to downgrade smilies/undecided.gif smilies/angry.gif
March 09, 2007

LongIslander72 said:

You guys have rocked the underground since the inception of the PSP. Now you've truly rocked the WORLD!!!
March 11, 2007

coty said:

because of you guys and the great homebrew community that we have i was able to downgrade the other day and im enjoying the great life of homebrew. In fact im so into it now im even learing a language so i can programme for it! smilies/wink.gif
March 15, 2007

this guy said:

After 3.10 i think SONY has won this war!
March 17, 2007

KingoFKingz said:

u lot are F*ckin awosome, but dark_alax and noobz u lot need to get that 3.10/3.11 downgrader out, i cant wait to see what sony does next lol...
March 17, 2007

luKe said:

i upgraded to V3.11 and im despirate for a downgrade... can you make 1 soon please... smilies/wink.gif
when any1 nos wen the 3.11 downgrade comes out, e-mail me at This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

luKe out...
March 20, 2007

Yodaddy said:

Is there any way that I can install my downlaoded games from a Torrent to my 2GB memory stick and play it on my PSP? Please tell me the directions if so or email me at
thanks
March 25, 2007

Fanjita said:

Yodaddy: Did you even make any attempt to understand the messages in this interview? We will not help you with piracy. Buy the games, thief.
March 25, 2007

CFPSP said:

ye buy all your games i bought a psp off ebay it had one iso game on it ,but i still went out and bought the umd copy of the game
November 22, 2008

Write comment
bold
italicize
underline
strike
url
image

security image
Write the displayed characters

busy

< Prev   Next >
If you have found this site or software useful, please consider donating a small amount of money using the button below.

Lost Password?
© 2019 N00bz!
This web page is licenced for your personal, private, non-commercial use only.
RIPA NOTICE: NO CONSENT IS GIVEN FOR INTERCEPTION OF PAGE TRANSMISSION
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License.