Home arrow News Archive arrow The Install-o-tron!
The Install-o-tron!
Written by Administrator    Thursday, 12 October 2006
Image Fanjita and Alex Richter released the Install-o-tron yesterday, a new and easier way to install homebrew on your PSP. Install-o-tron runs directly on your PSP, and uses the Homebrew Database to retrieve a menu of top homebrew that will work on your firmware. You select whatever takes your fancy, and then Install-o-tron downloads and automatically installs it for you, appropriately for your current firmware.
What's more, Install-o-tron can automatically update itself whenever a new version is available - so it could be the last homebrew you ever have to manually install.

There are lots of plans for the future, especially massively increasing the selection of compatible homebrew, bundling it with eLoader, and lots of exciting features - perhaps anti-bricker scanning, and even closer integration with the Homebrew Database.

You can download it from the database entry here. Incidentally, it's also been entered into the PSP3D Homebrew Contest - so if you like it, please consider dropping by to vote for it.
Comments (17)add comment

Smithey said:

Fanjita and all your crew, keep up the great work! Oh when will there be more homebrew listed on the install-o-tron for 2.8ers?

Smithey
December 17, 2006

pete said:

i love the install o tron but when ever it says would you like to update i click yes it it gets this red screen and freezes how do i actually update..
December 18, 2006

Fanjita said:

There was a bug in Installotron 0.5 that sometimes stops it from automatically updating. To get around it, just download the latest version from www.psp-homebrew.eu, and install it manually (see the readme.txt file for details).
December 18, 2006

carlitx said:

fanjita u are a god!
December 19, 2006

GamefreQ said:

Thanks Fanjita, cause I was trying to install Squarez on my PSP and then someone told me that the one on http://dl.qj.net doesn't work, but I tried it anyway and it turned out I was correct that the Squarez on dl.qj.net does not work with e or xloader. But then the same person said that if you download Squarez off of Install-o-tron it will work. I don't use Install-o-tron that much cause I usually prefer to download and use my own homebrew. So I started up Install-o-tron and it said something like "Install-o-tron needs to be Updated.
X: Update O: don't update" Or something similar. I pressed X, nothing happened. I pressed O, nothing happened. I let my PSP sit there, and then a red screen popped up. I guess I better update my Install-o-tron via http://psp-homebrew.eu ha ha lol.
December 22, 2006

lj27 said:

my psp is a version 3.02 and i wanted to know how do you put emulators and roms on it.
December 26, 2006

Fanjita said:

lj27: You can't run homebrew (except for flash games) on v3.02 at this point in time.
December 26, 2006

ronel said:

hey Fanjita,im a new user of the psp as i just gt one a week ago.i have a psp of v2.71 .does homebrew develop games for this vesion.can we download games from the internet and then later put it on the psp(v2.71)?can you please tell me the neccesary requirements..
December 26, 2006

CH33z said:

There's not much of a list on 2.60 firmware- but thanks to Kriek I'm just about to update my PSP to v2.80 firmware. Anyway- thanks Fanjita, Ditlew and everyone else on the eLoader project- without you I might have even sold my PSP cause the games I own (and have seen) don't last very long. smilies/wink.gif
December 28, 2006

Jarrod said:

Hey man i be a big fan of the homebrew great work BUt recently i updated to 2.80 for killzone ^^ and i be messin with the eloader man and when i try to load the install-o-tron it goes to the menu then says Connecting to Access Point and freezes... any help?
December 29, 2006

rebelraptor said:

i have successfully installed .9.9.5 and installotron that comes with it; however when i run installotron it says "connecting to access point" and never asks me which access point... please let me know how to fix this.

also, when i manually upgrade the installotron to 0.6 it shows up in the eLoader as "not homebrew"

any help would be appreciated!

happy holidays!
December 29, 2006

milo said:

maybe if yoou delete all but the access point you want to use, im having the same problem and will try it in a sec and reply on the results.
January 01, 2007

milo said:

it works, just delete all the access points except the one you will use.
January 01, 2007

harvey said:

yo seriosuly!! help me out...

i want to know how to install homebrews..i got the intallatron already w/ e-loader but what next??

wers the homebrew fiel that i can stick in the games at???!!!!
January 13, 2007

harvey said:

yo about the previous post... my e-mail is This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

plz o plz!!! tell me how to ...plz/./...

homebrew is cool....though i cant play em...
January 13, 2007

mafia1ft said:

hey i was just wondering if you were planing to release the code for this, I am interested in make a app that use the net but don't know were to start
thx mafia1ft

url
image

security image
Write the displayed characters

busy

< Prev   Next >
If you have found this site or software useful, please consider donating a small amount of money using the button below.

Lost Password?
© 2019 N00bz!
This web page is licenced for your personal, private, non-commercial use only.
RIPA NOTICE: NO CONSENT IS GIVEN FOR INTERCEPTION OF PAGE TRANSMISSION
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License.